Summer was great and so very hot. We enjoyed soaking up the sun, a few cocktails and a few iced lattes! But now its time to give back to our system all the hydration it needs and this is the perfect season to do so before the cold sets in. You know, because… Winter is Coming 😛
- The first step is the obvious one! Drink more water… Set your water goals for the day and make sure to reach them. 8 glasses of water a day should be enough to give the message to your body that your intake of water is enough so that it does not need to hold on or retain water.
2. Get Your Citrus on! If there is a secret for long living, to reduce aging and keep healthy… the answer is citrus fruits. Have an orange for breakfast and get your energy and vitamin C you need for the day. Vitamin C will make sure you are not vulnerable to getting sick as it keeps your immune system strong!
3. Feed your skin with Coconut Oil. You may notice your skin a little dry or flaky from the lack of hydration and exposure to the sun. A great way to get silky smooth again is to massage some coconut oil in to your skin (the massage will also help your lymphatic system expel impurities from your body). If you feel a little lazy and just want to soak in the goodness add coconut oil in to your warm bath.
4. Avoid Dehydrating beverages. Enjoy herbal and fruity teas, fresh juices and infused waters! Reduce alcoholic and caffeine drinks that dehydrate. If you can’t avoid these types of drinks make sure you have a glass of water before and after each caffeine or alcoholic drink.
5. Indulge in jelly! Remember how much fun it was to eat wobbly jelly when we were kids? Well jelly is basically water and gelatin (which is super great for your bones)! So eat your water by enjoying some wobbly goodness 🙂
6. Rock your natural texture! Blow-drying and straightening your hair may dry it out and damage the ends. So give you hair a little time out from the heat treatments. Enjoy the low-maintenance hair dues and take advantage of the so may cool products out there that enhance locks and curls making them look bouncy and beautiful with no heat or breakage.
7. Propolis! Polyphenols are antioxidants that fight disease and damage in the body found in a bee product called propolis. Propolis is thought to have antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties. If you suffer from very dry skin especially on your lips, propolis hydrates in depth and also heals wounds due to its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
8. Eat Fresh! Combine fruits, vegetables and greens that are high in water & antioxidants to make yummy dishes and enjoy! Salads can be scrumptious and delicious if you use a little creativity. Use ingredients you love, mix proteins with fresh fruits and garnish with zests and pepper. There is no limit what kind of salad you can create.
9. Minty Trick! If you have difficulty drinking water here is a trick! Toothpaste and gum are usually Minty Fresh. Also the minty effect will make you thirsty so brush your teeth regularly and chew mint gum to induce the need to drink water. Why not try some mint ice-cream 🙂
10. Do not skip the SERUM! Serum is water for your face and has the ability to be absorbed by your skin easily where face creams sit on the surface of your skin to protect it from exterior factors. So you Need serum if you feel like you have dry skin.
Now that you know how to rehydrate try to keep this up at least for a week to see great results… More energy, reduce headaches, regulate bowl movement, look fresh and have softer shinier skin and hair!
1 thought on “10 Ways to Rehydrate”
Comments are closed.